Responding to Children's Interests
Based on a foundation of the vision and principles in Play and Exploration: Early Learning Program Guide, Responding to Children’s Interests will provide educators with opportunities to explore classroom practices to spark student interest and to build projects around invitations and play. This workshop was originally co-created by the Early Years Branch of the Ministry of Education and the Saskatchewan Professional Development Unit. This two-day workshop provides an in-person learning experience supported by distance coaching for early childhood educators. You can see past projects that have been created and shared through this opportunity at www.stf.sk.ca.
- Build understanding about emergent curriculum for young children.
- Explore the environment as the third teacher.
- Strengthen educators’ capacity to observe, listen, document and reflect in order to support and scaffold learning.
- Respond to children’s interests and develop a project experience with children, which may be shared on www.stf.sk.ca.
Audience: Early learning educators who have attended Phases I and II of Play and Exploration or have comparable learning and experience working in early learning settings. Participants are encouraged to attend as a team of two individuals from the same learning setting.
Eamer Auditorium, Saskatchewan Teachers' Federation
2317 Arlington Avenue
|Fee Type||Early Bird||Standard||Late|
Includes GST, materials and lunch.
Registration fees are dependent on time of payment. If received:
- Prior to 10 business days before event - Early Bird
- Between two and 10 business days before event - Standard
- Within two business days before event - Late
Payment must accompany registration. The refund deadline for all workshops and events is 10 business days prior to the start date. Registrants who withdraw prior to the refund deadline are entitled to a full refund or transfer of their registration fee. If notification of withdrawal is received after the refund deadline and up to the commencement of the session, 50 percent of the registration fee will be refunded. Read more about our Refund Policy.