Responding to Children's Interests Series
The STF has COVID-19 measures in place. Please review the precautions before attending an in-person Federation event or facility.
Based on a foundation of the vision and principles in Play and Exploration: Early Learning Program Guide, Responding to Children’s Interests will provide educators with opportunities to explore classroom practices to spark student interest and to build projects around invitations and play.
• Build understanding of emergent curriculum for young children and creating invitations to spark interest.
• Explore the environment as the third teacher and its purpose in supporting projects.
• Strengthen educators’ capacity to observe, listen, document and reflect in order to support and scaffold learning.
• Respond to children’s interests and develop a project experience with children, which may be shared on www.stf.sk.ca.
PreKindergarten and Kindergarten educators, support staff and administrators
Pre-learning required: attendees should have completed Phases I and II of Play and Exploration or have comparable learning and experience working in early learning settings.
2311 Arlington Avenue
|Fee Type||Early Bird||Standard||Late|
Includes GST, materials and lunch.
Registration fees are dependent on time of payment. If received:
- Prior to 10 business days before event - Early Bird
- Between two and 10 business days before event - Standard
- Within two business days before event - Late
Payment must accompany registration. The refund deadline for all workshops and events is 10 business days prior to the start date. Read more about registrations and refunds.