Responding to Overwhelm
Both educators and students may experience anxiety, depression and/or trauma that impact learning and relationships in classrooms and school as a workplace. By learning to recognize the indicators of overwhelm, educators can respond in ways that support selves, students and colleagues in returning to a state in which learning and connection can take place.
Develop understanding of:
- How to recognize and respond to indicators of overwhelm within selves, students, and colleagues.
- The impacts of trauma and prolonged/chronic stress on the autonomic nervous system and brain development.
- How to support students who are affected by trauma or chronic stress.
Audience: All educators.
McDowell Conference Room
|Fee Type||Early Bird||Standard||Late|
Includes GST, materials and lunch.
Registration fees are dependent on time of payment. If received:
- Prior to 10 business days before event - Early Bird
- Between two and 10 business days before event - Standard
- Within two business days before event - Late
Payment must accompany registration. The refund deadline for all workshops and events is 10 business days prior to the start date. Read more about registrations and refunds.