Rich Literacy Practices in Primary
Are you looking for strategies to enhance or rejuvenate your literacy programming in the primary classroom? This one-day workshop will provide you with opportunities to deepen your understanding of the multi-faceted nature of literacy, and share ways to engage all students with appropriate challenge. Intentional planning for authentic literacy experiences across curriculum will support you in developing a responsive approach to instruction and assessment. Through examination of formative assessment and reflection, you will learn to minimize potential time constraints and support students in achieving curricular outcomes using a holistic approach.
- Experience and reflect on ways to achieve literacy skills in many contexts.
- Plan for a variety of literacy opportunities across the curriculum to engage students with appropriate challenge.
- Examine and deepen understanding of the multi-faceted nature of literacy and instruction.
- Reflect on the use of formative assessment to minimize time constraints in achieving curricular outcomes.
Audience: Kindergarten to Grade 2 educators and administrators.
2317 Arlington Avenue
|Fee Type||Early Bird||Standard||Late|
Includes GST, materials and lunch.
Discount: If you register for this workshop your principal and/or vice-principal can attend with you at half of the registration cost. In order to activate this opportunity, please have your administrator email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 306-373-1660 to receive a discount code. Your administrator will need to provide your name and the workshop title when registering.
Registration fees are dependent on time of payment. If received:
- Prior to 10 business days before event - Early Bird
- Between two and 10 business days before event - Standard
- Within two business days before event - Late
Payment must accompany registration. The refund deadline for all workshops and events is 10 business days prior to the start date. Read more about registrations and refunds.