Rich Literacy Practices in Primary
Are you looking for strategies to enhance or rejuvenate your literacy programming in the primary classroom? This one-day workshop will provide you with opportunities to deepen your understanding of the multi-faceted nature of literacy, and share ways to engage all students with appropriate challenge. Intentional planning for authentic literacy experiences across curriculum will support you in developing a responsive approach to instruction and assessment. Through examination of formative assessment and reflection, you will learn to minimize potential time constraints and support students in achieving curricular outcomes using a holistic approach.
- Experience and reflect on ways to achieve literacy skills in many contexts.
- Plan for a variety of literacy opportunities across the curriculum to engage students with appropriate challenge.
- Examine and deepen understanding of the multi-faceted nature of literacy and instruction.
- Reflect on the use of formative assessment to minimize time constraints in achieving curricular outcomes.
Audience: Prekindergarten to Grade 2 teachers
Hosted by Good Spirit School Division
12 spots available
|Fee Type||Early Bird||Standard||Late|
Includes GST, materials and lunch.
Registration fees are dependent on time of payment. If received:
- Prior to 10 business days before event - Early Bird
- Between two and 10 business days before event - Standard
- Within two business days before event - Late
Payment must accompany registration. The refund deadline for all workshops and events is 10 business days prior to the start date. Registrants who withdraw prior to the refund deadline are entitled to a full refund or transfer of their registration fee. If notification of withdrawal is received after the refund deadline and up to the commencement of the session, 50 percent of the registration fee will be refunded. Read more about our Refund Policy.