Accreditation Second-Subject Seminar (Days 3 & 4)
- If your most recent renewal seminar was before 2019 you will be registered for Days 1 and 2.
- If your most recent renewal seminar was after the summer of 2019, you will be registered for Days 3 and 4.
Accreditation seminars are offered to enable qualified teachers to become accredited. Accreditation is the process by which qualified teachers are granted the responsibility of determining the final mark or standing of the students in a specified Grade 12 (level 30) subject or subjects.
The Accreditation seminar provides an opportunity for teachers to challenge, extend, enhance and renew their professional experience with an emphasis on assessment and evaluation. Participation in this seminar results in partial fulfilment of the requirements for accreditation in accordance with the Ministry of Education’s publication Accreditation (Initial and Renewal): Policies and Procedures (2017).
The full requirements for accreditation can be found in the Ministry of Education’s publication Accreditation Initial and Renewal Policies and Procedures.
- Develop a deeper understanding of how assessment practices support student learning, engagement and instruction.
- Reflect on the relationships between assessment purpose, design, interpretation, responsive instruction, communication, and student engagement.
- Collaborate with colleagues in disciplinary and cross-disciplinary groupings in order to support student learning and assessment.
- Participate and reflect on a variety of instructional and assessment strategies that can be utilized in their classrooms.
Payment must accompany registration. The refund deadline for all workshops and events is 10 business days prior to the start date. Read more about registrations and refunds.
We are experiencing technical difficulties with registration at this time. If you wish to register, please email your contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 306-373-1660.
We are hopeful this seminar will run in person. Should it be necessary, this seminar may be switched to a virtual format. We will inform all participants of our final decision by June 21, 2021.