Saskatoon Renewal/Second Accreditation
Accreditation seminars are offered to enable qualified teachers to become accredited. Accreditation is the process by which qualified teachers are granted the responsibility of determining the final mark or standing of the students in a specified Grade 12 (level 30) subject or subjects.
The Accreditation seminar provides an opportunity for teachers to challenge, extend, enhance and renew their professional experience with an emphasis on assessment and evaluation. Participation in this seminar results in partial fulfilment of the requirements for accreditation in accordance with the Ministry of Education’s publication Accreditation (Initial and Renewal): Policies and Procedures (2017).
The full requirements for accreditation can be found in the Ministry of Education’s publication Accreditation (Initial and Renewal): Policies and Procedures (2017), available at www.education.gov.sk.ca/accreditation.
During the seminar, participants will:
- Develop a deeper understanding of how assessment practices support student learning, engagement and instruction.
- Reflect on the relationships between assessment purpose, design, interpretation, responsive instruction, communication, and student engagement.
- Collaborate with colleagues in disciplinary and cross-disciplinary groupings in order to support student learning and assessment.
- Participate and reflect on a variety of instructional and assessment strategies that can be utilized in their own classrooms.
Grade 12 educators who teach mathematics, English language arts, biology, chemistry or physics
2317 Arlington Ave
Includes GST, materials and lunch.
VISA, MasterCard accepted online. Payment must accompany registration.
- $600 (includes GST, materials and lunch).
Payment must accompany registration. The refund deadline for all workshops and events is 10 business days prior to the start date. Registrants who withdraw prior to the refund deadline are entitled to a full refund or transfer of their registration fee. If notification of withdrawal is received after the refund deadline and up to the commencement of the session, 50 percent of the registration fee will be refunded. Read more about our Refund Policy.