Supporting EAL Students
As we welcome diverse students into our classrooms, we are called to support their acquisition of an additional language within the framework of grade-appropriate curricula. In this workshop, teachers will explore a variety of instructional and assessment strategies that support EAL students in their language acquisition as they are engaged in meaningful learning tasks with their peers.
- Familiarize themselves with the time frame and progression of skills for learning an additional language.
- Gain practical instructional and assessment strategies that support EAL students in their language acquisition as they engage with grade-level outcomes.
- Investigate ways of assessing and reporting for EAL students.
Audience: All educators who work with EAL students
2160 Cameron St
|Fee Type||Early Bird||Standard||Late|
Includes GST, materials and lunch.
Registration fees are dependent on time of payment. If received:
- Prior to 10 business days before event - Early Bird
- Between two and 10 business days before event - Standard
- Within two business days before event - Late
Payment must accompany registration. The refund deadline for all workshops and events is 10 business days prior to the start date. Registrants who withdraw prior to the refund deadline are entitled to a full refund or transfer of their registration fee. If notification of withdrawal is received after the refund deadline and up to the commencement of the session, 50 percent of the registration fee will be refunded. Read more about our Refund Policy.