Supporting Writers in the Early Years (formerly Quality Not Quantity: Early Writing)
The aim of the K-12 English language arts curricula is to “help students understand and appreciate language and to use it confidently and competently in a variety of situations” (Saskatchewan Ministry of Education). The process of teaching students how to write in the early years means providing sufficient scaffolding and frequent, authentic opportunities for writing across the curricula and school day to support student success that includes as much of a focus on making meaning and fun as on correctness.
- Identify how to use before, during and after strategies as scaffolds in supporting the writing process.
- Examine the curriculum as a scope and sequence for moving from letters and sounds to sentences and paragraphs while using cue and conventions.
- Develop strategies for student use of self-assessment and goal setting.
- Identify the criteria for good writing at the early elementary level.
Audience: Kindergarten-Grade 2 educators.
2317 Arlington Avenue
|Fee Type||Early Bird||Standard||Late|
Includes GST, materials and lunch.
Discount: Did you know if you register for this workshop your principal and/or vice-principal can attend with you at half of the regular registration cost? In order to activate this opportunity, please have your administrator contact Linda Jordan (firstname.lastname@example.org or 306 373 1660) to receive a discount code! Your administrator will need to provide your name and the workshop title when registering.
Registration fees are dependent on time of payment. If received:
- Prior to 10 business days before event - Early Bird
- Between two and 10 business days before event - Standard
- Within two business days before event - Late
Payment must accompany registration. The refund deadline for all workshops and events is 10 business days prior to the start date. Registrants who withdraw prior to the refund deadline are entitled to a full refund or transfer of their registration fee. If notification of withdrawal is received after the refund deadline and up to the commencement of the session, 50 percent of the registration fee will be refunded. Read more about our Refund Policy.