Teachers in Their First Five Years – Webinar
Welcome to the Profession!
Did you know you have a Pension and Benefit Plan?
The Saskatchewan Teachers’ Federation is hosting a free Zoom webinar for all teachers in their first to fifth year in Saskatchewan. This will be an opportunity to share important information on the pension and benefit plans, while also giving you an opportunity to network and ask any questions you may have. The webinar will be facilitated by Troy Milnthorp, STF Senior Managing Director, Corporate Fund Services.
Your professional status and membership with the Saskatchewan Teachers’ Federation brings with it many services, resources, and programs to support you throughout various stages of your life. This session will discuss topics that retiring teachers tell us they wish they would have known at the start of their careers. More specifically, the following topics will be addressed:
Your Pension and Benefits Plans: “What I Wish I Knew When I Was A New Teacher.”
- The wide range of benefits teachers have access to.
- What happens if a teacher goes on maternity/parental leave?
- Reasons for saving some money on the side.
- Insurance protection teachers have when faced with a difficult situation.
- Opportunity to ask any questions you have related to pension and benefits coverage while a teacher in Saskatchewan.
Registration is not required for this webinar. This repeat session is offered at two separate times on Wednesday, February 24. Please join by clicking one of the links in this invitation at your preferred time.
If you have any questions or require any additional information about this session, please contact Derek Barss or Trish Hastings at 1-800-667-7762.