Technology in Middle Years: ELA Students Innovate
One of a two-part series focusing on technology in middle years English language arts. Participants are welcome to attend this day alone or both parts of the series. Through the lens of curriculum, teachers will identify and integrate the skills students need to collaborate, communicate, create and think critically. This interactive day will focus on the teacher as facilitator to empower middle years English language arts students to innovate with technology.
Participants are asked to bring their own devices including laptop, tablet and/or smart phone.
- Explore innovative technology tools for student learning.
- Understand the importance of information literacy.
- Develop strategies for creating new knowledge and representations of knowledge.
- Gain tools in teaching metacognition, self-assessment and goal setting.
Audience: Grades 6-9 educators
2317 Arlington Ave
|Fee Type||Early Bird||Standard||Late|
Includes GST, materials and lunch.
Registration fees are dependent on time of payment. If received:
- Prior to 10 business days before event - Early Bird
- Between two and 10 business days before event - Standard
- Within two business days before event - Late
Payment must accompany registration. The refund deadline for all workshops and events is 10 business days prior to the start date. Registrants who withdraw prior to the refund deadline are entitled to a full refund or transfer of their registration fee. If notification of withdrawal is received after the refund deadline and up to the commencement of the session, 50 percent of the registration fee will be refunded. Read more about our Refund Policy.