Using Images as a Literacy Tool
The visual nature of our culture is increasing and as such our students are more and more surrounded in a world of images. Visual thinking routines will expand students’ ability to understand visuals as a language and to use this language to enhance communication. Differentiate learning for student success by allowing students to explore and document thinking in multiple ways. The key elements of visual literacy can be a valuable tool across subject areas, cultural perspectives and in meeting the English language arts outcomes of viewing and representing.
- Experience a number of tools which can support visual literacy.
- Understand the different components that make up constructing meaning when reading and creating images.
- Leave with resources that can be immediately integrated in the classroom.
Audience: Grades 3-8 educators
2317 Arlington Avenue
|Fee Type||Early Bird||Standard||Late|
Includes GST, materials and lunch.
Registration fees are dependent on time of payment. If received:
- Prior to 10 business days before event - Early Bird
- Between two and 10 business days before event - Standard
- Within two business days before event - Late
Payment must accompany registration. The refund deadline for all workshops and events is 10 business days prior to the start date. Registrants who withdraw prior to the refund deadline are entitled to a full refund or transfer of their registration fee. If notification of withdrawal is received after the refund deadline and up to the commencement of the session, 50 percent of the registration fee will be refunded. Read more about our Refund Policy.