Using Structures to Support Differentiation in a Math Classroom
Students arrive in our classrooms with a wide range of experiences and prior knowledge of mathematics. Meeting students where they are at can be a daunting task. This workshop will provide the opportunity for participants to experience and examine classroom structures that allows students to move flexibly among large groups, small groups and individual instruction as appropriate. By having structures in place, teachers can create differentiated learning experiences for their students without creating individual learning programs for every child.
- Enhance their understanding of the structures that support differentiated instruction in mathematics.
- Unpack curriculum to clearly identify pre-requisite skills and grade level skills.
- Explore different structure as well as the instruction that supports differentiation for gap filling, grade level teaching and enrichment.
- Begin planning for a unit of study of their choice.
Audience: Grades 1-10 math educators
5017 46 Street
|Fee Type||Early Bird||Standard||Late|
Includes GST, materials and lunch.
Discount: If you register for this workshop your principal and/or vice-principal can attend with you at half of the registration cost. In order to activate this opportunity, please have your administrator email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 306-373-1660 to receive a discount code. Your administrator will need to provide your name and the workshop title when registering.
Registration fees are dependent on time of payment. If received:
- Prior to 10 business days before event - Early Bird
- Between two and 10 business days before event - Standard
- Within two business days before event - Late
Payment must accompany registration. The refund deadline for all workshops and events is 10 business days prior to the start date. Registrants who withdraw prior to the refund deadline are entitled to a full refund or transfer of their registration fee. If notification of withdrawal is received after the refund deadline and up to the commencement of the session, 50 percent of the registration fee will be refunded. Read more about our Refund Policy.