Writing Series: Effective Writing Classrooms - CANCELLED
The holistic writing rubrics and the front matter of the ELA curriculum provide the foundation for exploration of the key elements for creating effective writing classrooms, including required writing types and key writing skills, writing portfolios, and student self-assessment and reflection.
- Identify key grade-level writing types and writing skills.
- Explore ways to set up and utilize portfolios to gather assessment information on writing.
- Consider why and how self-assessment and reflection can be introduced with students.
- Explore how triangulation of evidence connects with students’ writing portfolios.
Audience: Grades 3-9 ELA Educators
2317 Arlington Avenue
|Fee Type||Early Bird||Standard||Late|
Includes GST, materials and lunch.
Discount: Did you know if you register for this workshop your principal and/or vice-principal can attend with you at half of the regular registration cost? In order to activate this opportunity, please have your administrator contact Linda Jordan (firstname.lastname@example.org or 306 373 1660) to receive a discount code! Your administrator will need to provide your name and the workshop title when registering.
Registration fees are dependent on time of payment. If received:
- Prior to 10 business days before event - Early Bird
- Between two and 10 business days before event - Standard
- Within two business days before event - Late
Payment must accompany registration. The refund deadline for all workshops and events is 10 business days prior to the start date. Read more about registrations and refunds.