Writing Series: Engaged Writers - CANCELLED
How can teachers support students in learning to love writing as they develop skills in the cues and conventions required at each grade level? In this workshop, teachers will explore the power of mentor texts and mini-lesson development for teaching cues and conventions. They will also examine how to create a culture of writing in which students can see themselves as writers.
- Consider how to get to know their students as writers.
- Identify and explore the elements that create a culture of writing.
- Connect a culture of writing to the cueing systems in the Saskatchewan curriculum.
- Understand and design mini lessons using mentor texts to teach cues and conventions.
Audience: Grades 3-9 ELA Educators
2317 Arlington Avenue
|Fee Type||Early Bird||Standard||Late|
Includes GST, materials and lunch.
Discount: Did you know if you register for this workshop your principal and/or vice-principal can attend with you at half of the regular registration cost? In order to activate this opportunity, please have your administrator contact Linda Jordan (email@example.com or 306 373 1660) to receive a discount code! Your administrator will need to provide your name and the workshop title when registering.
Registration fees are dependent on time of payment. If received:
- Prior to 10 business days before event - Early Bird
- Between two and 10 business days before event - Standard
- Within two business days before event - Late
Payment must accompany registration. The refund deadline for all workshops and events is 10 business days prior to the start date. Read more about registrations and refunds.