Writing Series: Responsive Writing Instruction
How can teachers help students develop competence and confidence in expressing themselves through writing? Through shared writing, explicit modelling of the writing process, formative assessment and individual conferencing, teachers can help their students develop, expand and refine their writing skills. In this workshop, participants will experience the writer’s workshop model from the perspectives of both the student and teacher, and reflect on how this approach can be used to differentiate instruction and to increase student engagement and writing success.
- Experience the writer’s workshop model from the perspectives of both the student and teacher.
- Participate in formative assessment of writing and explore how it can be used to help students develop their writing skills.
- Practise using mediational questions for individual conferencing about writing.
- Explore ways in which this approach might be applied to different forms and purposes for writing.
Audience: Grades 6-9 English Language Arts educators
2317 Arlington Avenue
|Fee Type||Early Bird||Standard||Late|
Includes GST, materials and lunch.
Discount: Did you know if you register for this workshop your principal and/or vice-principal can attend with you at half of the regular registration cost? In order to activate this opportunity, please have your administrator contact Linda Jordan (email@example.com or 306 373 1660) to receive a discount code! Your administrator will need to provide your name and the workshop title when registering.
Registration fees are dependent on time of payment. If received:
- Prior to 10 business days before event - Early Bird
- Between two and 10 business days before event - Standard
- Within two business days before event - Late
Payment must accompany registration. The refund deadline for all workshops and events is 10 business days prior to the start date. Registrants who withdraw prior to the refund deadline are entitled to a full refund or transfer of their registration fee. If notification of withdrawal is received after the refund deadline and up to the commencement of the session, 50 percent of the registration fee will be refunded. Read more about our Refund Policy.