Professional Growth Networks
A professional growth network is intended to support your professional growth and lifelong learning as a teacher through networking, communications and innovative opportunities. They provide the opportunity to connect with like-minded teachers across Saskatchewan and share promising practices and resources related to a specialized area of practice or interest in education.
There are currently 26 networks across Saskatchewan in a variety of subject fields, service areas and interdisciplinary groups.
All networks are supported by the Saskatchewan Teachers’ Federation.
Membership is not limited to teachers but includes any person with a professional interest in the activities of the networks.
Benefits of Joining
- Network and learn from colleagues who share similar areas of interest.
- Attend conferences and workshops to gain insight and enhance your skills.
- Stay on the leading edge in your area of interest through the publications, newsletters and journals available to you.
- Celebrate the accomplishments of students, teachers and schools.
- Engage in research that contributes to the improvement of teaching and learning.
Play a leadership role in education in Saskatchewan by being a part of a group of organizations that:
- Address issues and challenges facing schools today.
- Raise awareness and encourage discussion through submission of resolutions to the Federation’s Annual Meeting of Council.
- Help develop policy in areas such as evaluation.
- Help shape implementation of renewed curriculum.
- Support and enable research and facilitate projects of benefit to students, teachers and the community.
- Recognize excellence through awards and other programs.
For more information on membership, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Professional Growth Network
|Saskatchewan Council for Exceptional Children (SKCEC)|
Saskatchewan Teachers of Ukrainian (STU)