Professional Growth Networks
The Saskatchewan Teachers’ Federation supports 28 professional growth networks established in a variety of subject fields, service areas and interdisciplinary groups. The general purpose is to support professional growth and lifelong learning of its members through:
- Networking, communications and other innovative professional growth opportunities.
- Contributing to the improvement of teaching and learning through the sharing of promising practices and resources.
- Engaging in research that contributes to the improvement of teaching and learning.
- Celebrating the accomplishments of students, teachers and schools.
Membership is not limited to teachers, but includes any person with a professional interest in the activities of the networks. For more information on membership, contact Member Services.
Benefits of Membership
Watch these videos of teachers sharing how membership in a network has benefited their profession and career.
- Attend conferences and workshops to gain insight and enhance your skills.
- Stay on the leading edge in your area of interest through the publications, newsletters and journals available to you.
- Play a leadership role in education in Saskatchewan by being a part of a group of organizations that:
- Address issues and challenges facing schools today.
- Raise awareness and encourage discussion through submission of resolutions to the Federation’s Annual Meeting of Council.
- Help develop policy in areas such as evaluation.
- Help shape implementation of renewed curriculum.
- Support and enable research and facilitate projects of benefit to students, teachers and the community.
- Recognize excellence through awards and other programs.
|Professional Growth Network|
|Saskatchewan Council for Exceptional Children (SKCEC)|