The basic purpose of the Professional Growth Networks Advisory Committee is to serve the interests of professional growth networks. Representatives on this Committee carry out a valuable leadership role for the networks and for the Saskatchewan Teachers’ Federation as a whole. Involvement with the Committee is also an important and rewarding opportunity for professional growth.
Terms of Reference
The Professional Growth Networks Advisory Committee shall:
- Promote awareness and understanding of professional growth networks within the teaching profession.
- Support professional growth networks by providing information and responding to requests or questions about Federation policies, procedures and services affecting the networks.
- Address issues of common concern to professional growth networks.
- Take a lead role in planning programs or activities for professional growth network executives.
- Screen special project grant applications and recommend projects for approval by the STF Executive.
- Make recommendations to the STF Executive regarding the establishment or dissolution of professional growth networks.
- Make recommendations to the STF Executive regarding professional growth network constitution amendments.
- Ensure professional growth networks meet their annual criteria for affiliation and grants.
- Review special project grants, constitutions and membership information.
- Develop recommendations on behalf of professional growth networks to the STF Executive.
- Provide an annual report to the STF Executive.
2020-21 Advisory Committee Members
|Leah Fornwald||Saskatchewan Association of Teachers of French|
Saskatchewan Teachers of English as an Additional Language
Saskatchewan School Based Leaders
|Crystal Schindel||Social Studies Saskatchewan|
|Celine Smith Olivares||
Literacy Educators’ Network of Saskatchewan
|Derek Barss||Saskatchewan Teachers’ Federation|
|Scott Burant||Saskatchewan Teachers’ Federation|
|Rob Lehne||Saskatchewan Teachers’ Federation|
|Michelle Naidu||Saskatchewan Teachers’ Federation|