The Saskatchewan Teachers' Federation values the work of the professional growth networks and offers several types of financial assistance. For detailed information on requirements and application procedures, please download the information packets, which include required application forms for each grant, on the right side of this page.
The purpose of a basic grant is, along with membership fees, to assist with operating costs including the production of publications and the organization of an annual conference.
By meeting the conditions that are specified in Federation policies, each professional growth network receives an annual basic grant according to the following:
- An annual flat grant of $800 shall be provided to each professional growth network.
- In addition to the flat grant, a membership grant of $8 each for the first 300 Federation members or fraction thereof shall be provided to each network.
- Networks shall receive a minimum total basic grant (flat plus membership) of $1,500 or a maximum total basic grant of $3,200.
- Basic grant funds shall be disbursed when the required documentation is submitted annually.
- Basic grant funds shall only be held for a period not exceeding one year and with prior approval from the member services coordinator.
Special Project Grant
Special project grants are intended to benefit as many professional growth networks and Federation members as possible. At least $10,000 is budgeted annually for special project grants. Contact the Federation to find out the amount budgeted for the year the network is applying for a grant.
The number of special project grants awarded may vary from year to year depending upon the overall budget available. The Professional Growth Networks Advisory Committee determines the value of each grant, within the limits of the overall budget by applying the special project grants criteria.
National Conference Grant
Through the STF Executive, the Federation assists professional growth networks with sponsorship of national conferences by providing a maximum of $1,000 in cash and in-kind contributions.
In-kind contributions may include:
- Advertising in the professional growth opportunities catalogues.
- Announcement posted on the Federation website.
The following services are available at the current rate:
- Advertising in a mailing to all schools.
- Federation conference folders.
- Saskatchewan Bulletin advertising space.
The Federation’s Design and Production unit may assist with the preparation of artwork or other materials. An estimate of the cost of this work is available upon request.