Looking Back, Looking Ahead
This process invites thinking contextually as learners consider the context of time in relation to their learning.
- Provide learners with a template that prompts them to consider the context of their learning and how it changes over time – for example:
- How might learning about other countries have looked 10 years ago?
- What does learning about other countries look like today?
- How might learning about other countries look in 5-10 years?
- Invite learners to discuss their thinking in small groups, using prompts such as the following to guide their discussions:
- What do you notice as you share and compare your thinking?
- What are some patterns you notice?
- As you consider changes over time, how might this impact you as a learner?
Looking Back – Looking Ahead
Adapted from: Lipton, L. & Wellman, B. (2011). Groups at Work: Strategies and Structures for Professional Learning (p. 15). MiraVia.