This process invites learners to self-evaluate a number of elements at one time and then uses the resulting shape to group learners.
- Determine the elements on each of the spokes of the Socratic wheel (Socratic wheel template page below).
- Each spoke has a rating scale, which might be from 0 to 3, 0 to 5, etc.
- Allow learners some time to consider the elements and how they might rate themselves by placing a point on each spoke of the wheel (image below).
- Then have learners connect their dots and a shape will form.
- Learners can then find a group based on similar ratings/shapes.
Socratic Wheel Template Page
Chevalier, J.M., & Buckles, D.J. (2013, March). Handbook for participatory action research, planning and evaluation. Retrieved from: https://www.participatoryactionresearch.net/tools