Human Treasure Hunt
This process helps build a sense of community among learners.
- Decide on a purpose for the treasure hunt.
- Devise a list of questions about a topic/concept/focus area or a list of prompts related to traits/experiences/interests that might be shared by some but not all learners (10-20).
- Distribute a copy of the questions/prompts to each learner and explain the rules:
- Within the time given (e.g., 10 min.), your challenge is to find different people in the room who can answer each question or who match each prompt.
- Each person can only sign your paper once.
- Each person must not sign without stating his/her answer.
- When all of your questions/prompts are signed, help someone else to find people to answer theirs.
The questions or prompts you are using for the treasure hunt.
Adapted from: http://smallstrokesbigoaks.com/2010/08/11/getting-to-know-you-human-scavenger-hunt-edition/