A to Z Listing
Learners work with partners or in small groups to generate ideas related to a topic.
- Provide recording sheet for learners.
- Assign different sections of the alphabet to each group. Learners do not necessarily fill in the entire alphabet.
- Provide examples on the recording sheet.
- Reinforce that the information should express complete thoughts not just words in an acrostic.
- Depending on time: ask each group to share one idea or provide time for learners to circulate through the room sharing the ideas reflected in their group of letters with learners in other groups.
Lipton, L., & Wellman, B. (2011). Groups at work: Strategies and structures for professional learning (p. 2). MiraVia.