Give One to Get One
This process supports sharing of ideas among learners.
- Participants record their responses to a given prompt on sticky notes (or index cards).
- Then they find another participant in the room, share the information on one of their sticky notes, and exchange sticky notes. Each participant leaves with the other’s sticky note.
- After two to three exchanges, invite participants to share with the large group:
- what they learned from their peers, or
- noticed during the exchanges.
- Sticky notes or index cards
- Give One to Get One Template grid (variation)
Participants record the same response 6 (or 9) times on small sticky notes to fill in a 2 x 3 (or a 3 x 3) grid. Then they are invited to move around the room, exchanging information and sticky notes with other participants until they have 6 (or 9) different responses on their grids.
Ensure that learners understand the importance of the dialogue that happens during the sharing and that it is not just a sticky note swap.
Adapted from: https://www.thinkingcollaborative.com/as-resources/