The Saskatchewan Professional Development Unit creates ways to respond to identified needs with school staff, including topics such as instructional strategies, classroom management, developing positive school cultures, conflict resolution, and professional growth planning. In addition to providing these services on-site, SPDU also facilitates workshops at teachers’ institutes, conventions and professional growth network events, and provides support in the creation of resource documents.
In addition to the workshops listed as provincial offerings in the events calendar, we also provide customized workshops in the areas of:
- Assessment, reporting and grading
- Creating equitable outcomes for all students
- Embedding technology into instruction
- Enhancing student engagement
- Formative assessment and feedback
- Insights discovery: building better teams
- Instructional coaching
- Learning-focused conversations
- Literacy planning, instruction and assessment
- Mathematics planning, instruction and assessment
- Multi-graded instruction and assessment
- Taking environmental science outside the classroom
- Outcomes-based planning
- Principals as instructional leaders
- Responding to diversity: differentiated instruction
- Safe and caring schools
- Social justice and equity
- Special education resource teams
- Developing assessment plans related to students with special needs
- Strategic planning
- Team building
- Working with others: developing collaborative teacher instructional assistant teams
To contract SPDU to come to your school, school division or tribal council, call or email SPDU.
Information to gather prior to submitting your request:
- Potential date(s).
- Who the audience is (teachers, educational associates, consultants, learning leaders).
- Location of the workshop.
- The learning outcome and specific needs required by your team.
Ideas to consider for assisting with cost:
- Partner with a neighbouring school.
- Host a provincial offering. This information would be advertised on your behalf and 80 percent of the registration fees collected would be applied to your contracted fee. This option is available if a minimum of two months lead time is provided.