1. Who We Are
The STF. This website (this “Website”) is owned, operated and maintained by the Saskatchewan Teachers’ Federation (the “STF”), a corporate entity with a head office in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada.
Content. The STF has posted to this Website and other STF websites (collectively, the “STF Websites”) information, materials and links to other websites that are of interest to the STF, STF members and the general public (collectively, the “Content” or “Contents”). Through the STF Websites, the STF provides its members with access to a collection of resources, including various communications tools (including t.mail), forums, services, personalized content and branded programming (collectively, the “STF Services”). All STF Services are considered “Content” for the purposes of this Agreement. The STF offers the Content in good faith and for informational purposes only. The STF Websites are provided as an STF Service. The STF may, at any time and from time to time, delete, modify or supplement Content without notice or liability to you.
3. Your Use of the STF Websites and Content
ACCEPTANCE OF CONTRACT. YOUR USE OF ANY STF WEBSITE OR ANY CONTENT CONSTITUTES YOUR EXPRESS AND UNCONDITIONAL ACCEPTANCE OF THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CONTAINED ON THIS WEB PAGE (this “Agreement”). PLEASE READ THIS AGREEMENT CAREFULLY. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO ANY OF THE FOLLOWING TERMS AND CONDITIONS, DO NOT ACCESS OR USE THIS WEBSITE, ANY OTHER STF WEBSITE OR ANY CONTENT.
Use Constitutes Acceptance. This Agreement governs your use of the STF Websites and the Content. By accessing or using any STF Website, you acknowledge that you have read this Agreement and the STF Privacy Statement. You agree that each use by you of this or any other STF Website or any Content signifies your continuing agreement to be bound by this Agreement. You represent and warrant to the STF that you have legal capacity and full legal authority to enter into this Agreement on your own behalf and that you do not represent any third party or undisclosed principal. You further represent that your use of this or any other STF Website or any Content constitutes due and valid authorization, execution and delivery by you of this Agreement and that this Agreement constitutes a legal, valid and binding obligation, enforceable against you in accordance with its terms.
Required Equipment. You are responsible for obtaining and maintaining any equipment or ancillary services needed to connect to or access or use the STF Websites and the Content, including, without limitation, modems, hardware, software, firmware, peripherals, an Internet connection and long distance or local telephone service. You are responsible for ensuring that such equipment or ancillary services are compatible with the STF Websites and the Content. You are responsible for any fees or costs associated with all such equipment or ancillary services.
Your Conduct. You covenant in favour of the STF that you will not upload, email, post or transmit to, distribute, disseminate, or otherwise publish or make available via or through any STF Website or any STF Service anything of any nature or kind, and you covenant not to otherwise take or permit anyone to take any action, that:
- Restricts or inhibits any other user from using or accessing an STF Website or any Content.
- Is unlawful, threatening, intended to bully or intimidate, abusive, harassing, hateful, tortious, libelous, defamatory, derogatory, discriminatory, disruptive, obscene, vulgar, gratuitously violent, offensive, objectionable, pornographic, profane, sexually explicit or indecent.
- Is, or could reasonably be considered by others as, injurious to minors or their welfare.
- Constitutes, or advocates or encourages conduct that would constitute, a criminal offence, gives rise to civil liability, or otherwise violates any law or governmental regulation, whether in Canada or in your local jurisdiction.
- Violates or infringes the rights of any person, including copyright, trademark rights, patent rights, industrial design rights, trade secret rights, rights of privacy or publicity or any other proprietary right of a person.
- Discloses information you do not have a legal right to disclose to others (whether at law, pursuant to contract or under a fiduciary or other obligation).
- Contains a virus, worm, malicious code, corruption or other harmful or destructive element or item that might damage, disable, overburden, disrupt or limit the operation or functionality of any computer hardware, firmware, software or peripheral devices, including servers and remote devices.
- Interferes with or disrupts or limits the operation or functionality of any STF Website, STF Service or any network or server connected to or accessible via any STF Service or any STF Website, or that is contrary to any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to any STF Service or any STF Website.
- Contains any information, software or other material of a commercial nature, including any advertising, promotions or solicitations for purchase or sale or that offers any contest, giveaway or sweepstakes.
- Is or contains any “spam,” “junk mail” or other bulk communications, “chain letters,” multi-level marketing or communications that relate to pyramid or ponzi schemes, or any other form of illegal or unwanted solicitation.
- Constitutes or contains false or misleading author attributions, legal or other notices, proprietary designations, labels or other indicia of origin or source (including email headers and other electronic identifiers), or facts.
- Is designed or intended to collect the personal information of another or that otherwise accesses any STF Website or Content for that purpose using automated means (such as “harvesting bots,” “robots,” “spiders,” or “scrapers”) or that solicits login information or access to an account belonging to another.
- Impersonates any person, including, without limitation, any STF official or employee, any STF Service administrator, forum leader, guide or host, or that falsely states or otherwise misrepresents your affiliation with any person.
- Facilitates or encourages any breach of this Agreement by another.
The Code Applies. In addition and without limiting anything in this Agreement, in accordance with your professional status as a teacher or retired teacher, you covenant to use the STF Websites and the STF Services in accordance with the Code Professional Ethics and the Code of Conduct Respecting the Collective Interests of Teachers adopted by The Teaching Profession of Saskatchewan in Council on October 14, 2000 (the “Codes”).
STF Services. In addition to the terms and conditions of this Agreement, when you use or access any particular STF Service through this or any other STF Website, you agree to comply with the guidelines, rules or specific terms and conditions from time to time applicable to such STF Service.
4. Disclaimers and Limitations of Liability
General. This section 4 of this Agreement contains disclaimers and limitations of the STF’s liability to you and to others. The STF encourages you to thoroughly review this section and to periodically return to this web page to review the terms and conditions of this Agreement in general and this section in particular.
GENERAL DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES. THE STF WEBSITES AND CONTENT (WHICH INCLUDES STF SERVICES) ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. THE STF DOES NOT ACCEPT ANY LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR YOUR USE OF OR ACCESS TO THE STF WEBSITES OR ANY CONTENT (WHICH INCLUDES STF SERVICES). TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, THE STF DISCLAIMS MAKING ANY REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES OF ANY NATURE OR KIND WHATSOEVER IN RESPECT OF THE CONTENT (WHICH INCLUDES STF SERVICES) OR THE STF WEBSITES IN GENERAL. THE STF DISCLAIMS ALL EXPRESS AND IMPLIED WARRANTIES INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THOSE OF TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NON-INFRINGEMENT OF PROPRIETARY RIGHTS AND THOSE ARISING BY LAW, UNDER STATUTE, IN TRADE, BY COURSE OF DEALING OR OTHERWISE. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing disclaimer, the STF does not represent or warrant that:
- The STF Websites or the Content, or the quality or quantity of any product, service, information, or other material purchased or otherwise obtained by you through or via the STF Websites or any Content, will meet your requirements or your expectations.
- Access to any STF Website or any Content will be secure, timely, error- or virus-free, continuous or uninterrupted.
- Communications to or from the STF Websites or via t.mail or any other STF Service will be secure or free from interception.
- The STF Websites and the Content will be accurate, complete, current or reliable.
- Errors, defects and inaccuracies in any STF Website or the Content will be corrected.
GENERAL DISCLAIMER OF LIABILITY. THE STF EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL LIABILITY FOR ANY AND ALL DAMAGES AND LOSSES (WHETHER DIRECT OR INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY OR OTHERWISE) ARISING FROM OR IN ANY WAY RELATED TO ANY:
- USE OF OR ACCESS TO THE STF WEBSITES AND THE CONTENT (WHICH INCLUDES STF SERVICES) BY YOU.
- INABILITY TO USE OR ACCESS THE STF WEBSITES OR THE CONTENT (WHICH INCLUDES STF SERVICES).
- UNAUTHORIZED USE OF OR ACCESS TO THE STF WEBSITES OR THE CONTENT (WHICH INCLUDES STF SERVICES).
- POSTING, PUBLICATION, ALTERATION OR REMOVAL OF THIRD-PARTY CONTENT, INCLUDING YOUR THIRD-PARTY CONTENT.
- STATEMENTS OR CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY OR OTHER USER OF ANY STF WEBSITE OR CONTENT (WHICH INCLUDES STF SERVICES.
- OTHER MATTER RELATING TO ANY STF WEBSITE OR CONTENT (WHICH INCLUDES STF SERVICES).
HOWSOEVER AND WHENSOEVER ARISING, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION:
- DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSS.
- THE COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES.
- DAMAGE TO ANY COMPUTER HARDWARE, FIRMWARE, SOFTWARE, PERIPHERAL DEVICE OR DATA BY ANY VIRUS, WORM, MALICIOUS CODE, CORRUPTION OR OTHER HARMFUL OR DESTRUCTIVE ELEMENT OR ITEM THAT DAMAGES, DISABLES, OVERBURDENS, DISRUPTS OR LIMITS THE OPERATION OR FUNCTIONALITY OF COMPUTER HARDWARE, FIRMWARE, SOFTWARE OR PERIPHERAL DEVICES, INCLUDING SERVERS AND REMOTE DEVICES, WHETHER TRANSMITTED OR ACTIVATED VIA AN STF WEBSITE OR VIA CONTENT (WHICH INCLUDES STF SERVICES) OR VIA ACCESS TO AN STF WEBSITE.
- BREACH OF COPYRIGHT, TRADEMARK RIGHTS OR OTHER INTELLECTUAL OR INDUSTRIAL PROPERTY RIGHTS.
- CONTRAVENTION OF ANY LOCAL, NATIONAL OR INTERNATIONAL RESTRICTION ON THE PUBLICATION OR TRANSMISSION OF INFORMATION WHETHER SUCH LIABILITY IS BASED ON CONTRACT, TORT, STATUTE, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, AND EVEN IF THE STF OR ITS AGENTS HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
Email Disclaimer. The STF encourages you to be cautious when you communicate via the Internet or via email, including via t.mail or any other STF Service. Email and other electronic transmissions may not be secure. The STF prefers to receive information of a legal, confidential or proprietary nature from you by personal delivery, via Canada Post mail or by courier. The STF strongly recommends that you do not send privileged, confidential or otherwise sensitive information to the STF or anyone else by email (including t.mail) or otherwise via an STF Website or an STF Service unless you have taken appropriate precautions including the use of password protection and encryption. The STF cautions that any communication with the STF or anyone else by email (including t.mail) or otherwise via an STF Website or an STF Service may be deemed not to be confidential.
Internet Disclaimer. You expressly acknowledge that websites that may be linked to an STF Website are owned and operated independent of the STF and that the STF has no responsibility or liability whatsoever for, or control over, any such third-party websites. You acknowledge that your use of third-party websites (and your dealings with the third parties who own or maintain such websites) shall be conducted solely at your own risk. The STF encourages you to exercise discretion when using the links on STF Websites or in Content. Any link may ultimately direct you to websites containing content that you or others may find offensive or inappropriate or that violates laws in force in your jurisdiction. The suitability of information accessed by any link from this or any other STF Website or from Content is the sole responsibility of the person(s) that own or maintain that information or third-party website. If you have questions about the content of a particular third-party website, or information related to it, contact the person or webmaster responsible for that website. It is solely your responsibility to take precautions to ensure that whatever you access or download from the Internet is free of viruses, worms, malicious code, corruptions or other harmful or destructive elements or items. Access to the STF Websites for the purpose of accessing, using or browsing the Content and Third-Party Content via the Internet is permitted; ALL OTHER ATTEMPTS TO ACCESS OR USE ANY STF WEBSITE, THE CONTENT, THE RELATED COMPUTER SYSTEMS OR THEIR RESOURCES ARE UNAUTHORIZED. USE OF ANY STF WEBSITE OR CONTENT (WHICH INCLUDES STF SERVICES) TO VIOLATE THE SECURITY OF ANY COMPUTER NETWORK, CRACK PASSWORDS OR SECURITY ENCRYPTION CODES, OR TO TRANSFER OR STORE ILLEGAL MATERIAL (INCLUDING THAT WHICH IS DEEMED TO VIOLATE THE TERMS OF Section 2 OF THIS AGREEMENT) IS EXPRESSLY PROHIBITED. UNAUTHORIZED USE OF A COMPUTER SYSTEM IS A CRIMINAL OFFENCE IN CANADA.
LIABILITY CAP. THE AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF THE STF ARISING OUT OF THIS AGREEMENT, THE STF WEBSITES AND CONTENT (WHICH INCLUDES STF SERVICES) WILL NOT EXCEED ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS ($100).
No Endorsements. The STF does not endorse any product or service available through any third-party website linked to this or any other STF Website or otherwise advertised on or via an STF Service. The STF makes no warranties or representations, express or implied, with respect to any products or services made available from third-party websites. You, and not the STF, are solely responsible for obtaining access to the STF Services and if that access requires the payment of fees to a third party (such as an Internet service provider or airtime charges), then you are responsible for those fees, regardless of their nature. The STF does not endorse, promote or facilitate online securities trading or online investing via any STF Website or any STF Service. You, and not the STF, are solely responsible and liable for all securities trading and investment decisions you may make, whether based on Content or Third-Party Content or otherwise.
Content Warning. The Content, including information and documents available on this Website, is not intended to provide specific advice to you and is not representation made by the STF. Internet software or transmission problems can produce inaccurate or incomplete copies of Content when downloaded and displayed on your computer or a peripheral or remote device and reference should always be made to the official versions of such Content available at the offices of the STF.
Third-Party Content. You agree that all information, materials and data (including, without limitation, text, software, music, sounds, photographs, graphics, videos, email messages and all electronic messages and electronic files of whatever nature or kind) that originate from a source other than the STF (collectively, “Third-Party Content”) made available on this or any other STF Website or through or via any STF Service, whether publicly available or private, are the sole responsibility of the third party who posted, transmitted or otherwise made available such Third-Party Content. In your case, you, and not the STF, are entirely responsible for all Third-Party Content that you post, transmit or otherwise make available to others via this or any other STF Website, t.mail or any other STF Service.
No Monitoring. The STF does not control Third-Party Content. The STF does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of any Third-Party Content. By accessing this or any other STF Website or any STF Service, you may be exposed to Third-Party Content that is offensive, indecent or objectionable. Under no circumstances will the STF be liable to you in any way for any Third-Party Content, including, without limitation, for any errors or omissions in any Third-Party Content or for any loss or damage of any nature or kind incurred or suffered by you as a result of your use of or reliance upon any Third-Party Content.
No Obligations of Confidentiality. The STF is not liable for the privacy or confidentiality of your email addresses, registration and user identification information, your use of STF data storage space, your communications, your confidential or trade-secret information, or any other Third-Party Content that you store on the STF’s computer systems or servers, or that is posted, transmitted or otherwise made available by you over networks accessed by an STF Website or an STF Service, or otherwise connected with your use of the STF Websites or STF Services. None of which shall be deemed a “collection,” “use,” “disclosure” or “retention” of your personal information by the STF.
Limitation of Actions. Proceedings with respect to any cause of action you may have with respect to your use of and access to any STF Website or Content must be commenced in the Court of Queen’s Bench for Saskatchewan, in the Judicial Centre of Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada, and within six (6) months after the claim or cause of action arises.
Ownership. This Website and its Content is, and shall remain, the sole property of the STF. Your use of or access to this or any other STF Website or any Content shall not in any way transfer or assign to you any ownership or other proprietary rights in or to any STF Website or any Content. Each STF Website and its Content are protected by all relevant Canadian and international copyrights in the design, including layout, typography underlying HTML, Java scripts, text, audio clips, video clips and graphics, and in the expression of the information contained therein, whether as a compilation or otherwise. Trademarks, trade names and designs appearing on an STF Website or in Content are the exclusive property of, or are licensed to, the STF and are protected. No use of a trademark, trade name or design appearing on any STF Website or in any Content may be made without the prior, written permission of the STF or the owner thereof. If you want permission to use any STF trademark or distinguishing guise (e.g., screen shots, designs or other brand features), please contact the STF Communications Unit.
Linking – Permission Required. You are prohibited from making links of any kind to any STF Website without the STF’s prior written permission. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, linking to any STF Website or “deep linking” to any web page on an STF Website is strictly prohibited without the express written permission of the STF.
Data Mining and other Prohibited Uses. Use of any STF Website through a browser that contains any frames displaying contents of other websites is strictly prohibited. The scraping or mining of data from or framing or mirroring of any STF Website by any method is strictly prohibited. You agree to not employ or utilize any collaborative browsing or display technologies.
Limited License. The STF grants to you a limited, revocable, non-transferable, non-exclusive license to display on your computer, print, download and use one copy of Content, but only for non-commercial, personal or educational purposes, and provided always that you:
- Do not amend, modify or change any such Content.
- Include with and display on each copy of such Content the associated copyright notice (“© <date> Saskatchewan Teachers’ Federation. All rights reserved.”) and this limited license.
- Include all STF identification, marks, notices and disclaimers.
No other use or copying of any STF Website or the Content is permitted. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, you are expressly prohibited from:
- Making any commercial use of any Content.
- Including any Content in or with any product or service that you distribute or provide.
- Copying any Content onto your or any other website.
- Storing any Content for reproduction, redistribution or publication to third parties.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, nothing contained in this Agreement shall be construed as conferring any right under any copyright of the STF or any other person who owns copyright in Content. This limited license does not create or imply any contractual liability on the part of the STF or any of its employees, agents or members.
Right to Suspend or Limit. The STF, in its sole and absolute discretion, may change, suspend or discontinue any aspect of any STF Website or any Content at any time, including the availability of any STF Service or any program, feature, database or other Content. The STF may also impose limits on STF Services or programs, features and databases, or restrict your access to parts of or this entire Website or any Content, without notice or liability to you.
Restricted Areas. Certain areas of the STF Websites and certain Content may be accessed or used only by use of a user identification and password (an “account”). If you have access to any of these areas, you are responsible to ensure that your user identification and password are not disclosed to any other person. If you disclose your user identification or password to any other person or become aware of any unauthorized access, you are responsible to notify the STF immediately by contacting the STF via facsimile at 306-374-1122. You are responsible for and hereby release the STF from, and agree to indemnify the STF against, all claims, proceedings, liabilities, obligations and costs resulting directly or indirectly from the use of your identification or password by any person to whom you disclosed such information or by any other person.
6. Third-Party Content
Use of Your Contributions. By uploading, emailing, posting, transmitting, distributing, disseminating, or otherwise publishing or otherwise making available any information, material or data of any nature or kind via or through any STF Website or any STF Service, you grant the STF an unconditional, non-exclusive, irrevocable worldwide, royalty-free, transferable license to use, reproduce, publish, display, perform, modify, transmit, distribute and otherwise fully-exploit that information, material or data (including all related intellectual property rights) and to allow others to do so and you hereby acknowledge that the STF may use any ideas, concepts or techniques that you bring to the STF’s attention for any purpose, without compensation to you.
Third-Party Content License. You irrevocably agree that all Third-Party Content that you post or contribute to this Website or otherwise make available via any STF Service is subject to theCreative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. This means that you and others are free to share (copy, distribute and transmit) and to remix (adapt) any Third-Party Content you contribute to or find on a blog, a social network or a wiki provided as an STF Service or otherwise available on an STF Website, under the following conditions:
- You must attribute the Third-Party Content in the manner specified by the author or licensor of that Third-Party Content (but not in any way that suggests that the author or licensor endorses you or your use of that Third-Party Content.
- You may not use Third-Party Content for commercial purposes,
- Either of (a) or (b) above can be waived if you obtain permission from the copyright holder.
- Where the Third-Party Content or any of its elements is in the public domain under applicable law, that status is in no way affected by this license.
Other Rights Unaffected. In no way are any of the following rights affected by the foregoing Creative Commons license:
- Your fair dealing rights or other applicable copyright exceptions and limitations.
- The author’s moral rights.
- The rights other persons may have either in the Third-Party Content or in how the Third-Party Content is used, such as publicity and privacy rights.
Data Processing. You acknowledge that the STF Services may involve transmission of your personal information and your Third-Party Content over various networks and may result in changes to your Third-Party Content conform and adapt it to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices. You understand that the STF Services and software embodied within the STF Services may include security components that permit digital materials to be protected, and that use of these materials is subject to usage rules set by the STF or third-party service providers. You agree that you will not attempt to override or circumvent any of the usage rules embedded into any STF Service.
Use and Storage. You agree that the STF may unilaterally establish general practices and limits concerning use of Content, including without limitation the maximum number of days that Third-Party Content (including, without limitation, email messages, forum comments or blog postings or other Third-Party Content) will be retained and made available to you or others, the maximum number of email messages that may be sent from or received by a t.mail account, the maximum size of any email message received or sent, the maximum size and number of blog postings or forum comments, the maximum disk space allotted to you on the STF’s servers, and the maximum number of times (and the maximum duration for which) you may access any STF Service in a given period of time. You agree that the STF is not responsible for the deletion, retention, corruption or failure to store any Third-Party Content, whether intentional or unintentional. The STF reserves the right to log off accounts that are inactive for a five-year period as determined by the STF. The STF reserves the right to change all general use and storage practices and limits at any time, in its sole discretion, without notice or liability to you.
Appeal. If the STF removes your Third-Party Content for violating this Agreement and you believe it has been removed by mistake, the STF will provide you with an opportunity to appeal that decision. Nevertheless, if you violate or otherwise breach this Agreement, the STF may, in its sole and absolute discretion and without notice to you, disable your account.
7. Social Networks
General. The STF provides various social networking services, including discussion forums, to you as STF Services. The STF social networks focus on building online communities of STF members who share interests and activities, or who are interested in exploring the interests and activities of others.
Social Network Rules. If you utilize or access any STF social network, including the discussion forums, you covenant that:
- You will not provide any false personal information.
- You will not use your personal profile for your own commercial gain (such as selling your profile or any element thereof).
- You will keep your contact information accurate and up-to-date.
- You will not share your password, let anyone else access your account, or do anything else that might jeopardize the security of your account.
- You will not transfer your social network account to anyone.
- You will not post another’s identification documents or personal information.
- You will not place a link or otherwise link your profile to any page containing Third-Party Content that would breach this Agreement.
- You will respect the rights of others and agree to be bound by the standards of conduct contained in section 3 of this agreement.
- You release the STF from liability for any Third-Party Content that you post that the STF reasonably believes may violate this Agreement or the Codes, and you authorize the STF to remove that Third-Party Content.
SOCIAL NETWORK DISCLAIMER AND RELEASE. YOU USE ALL STF SOCIAL NETWORKS, INCLUDING DISCUSSION FORUMS, AT YOUR OWN RISK. THE STF PROVIDES SOCIAL NETWORKS AS AN STF SERVICE ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, WITHOUT ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES. THE STF DOES NOT GUARANTEE THAT ANY STF SOCIAL NETWORK WILL BE SAFE OR SECURE. THE STF IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE THIRD-PARTY CONTENT (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE ACTIONS, CONTENT, INFORMATION, AND DATA OF STF MEMBERS AND OTHER THIRD PARTIES), AND YOU HEREBY RELEASE THE STF, ITS DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS FROM ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, SUITS, PROCEEDINGS AND CAUSES OF ACTION, KNOWN AND UNKNOWN, ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH YOUR USE OF STF SOCIAL NETWORKS, INCLUDING THE DISCUSSION FORUMS.
General. A blog (derived from the term “web log”) is a type of web page, usually maintained by an individual or group of individuals, with regular entries of commentary, descriptions of events, or other material such as graphics or video and a blog may allow the readers of the blog to leave comments in an interactive format.
Restrictions. The STF provides blog services solely for a member’s own use, and not for the use or benefit of any third party. The STF may change, suspend or discontinue any blog service at any time, including the availability of any feature, database, or Content. The STF may also impose limits on certain features and services or restrict your access to parts or all of a blog service without notice or liability to you. You are responsible for all of your activity in connection with the STF blog service. Any breach of this Agreement may be grounds for termination of your blog services.
BLOG DISCLAIMER. THE STF BLOG SERVICES, CONTENT, STF WEBSITES AND ANY SOFTWARE ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND. You acknowledge that the STF has no control over, no duty to take any action regarding, and is not responsible for:
- What Third-Party Content you or others may post or access via the STF blog service.
- What effects Content or Third-Party Content may have on you or others.
- How you or others may interpret or use Content or Third-Party Content.
- What actions you or others may take as a result of having been exposed to Content or Third-Party Content.
RELEASE. YOU HEREBY RELEASE THE STF, ITS DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS FROM ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, SUITS, PROCEEDINGS AND CAUSES OF ACTION, KNOWN AND UNKNOWN, ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH YOUR USE OF THE STF BLOG SERVICE.
9. Online Chat
Supported Devices and Operating Systems
- Apple iOS 12.0 and later
- Apple iPadOS 13.0 and later
- Mac OS X 10.13 and later
- Android 5.0 and later (including Samsung KNOX Standard 2.4 and higher)
- Android enterprise
- Surface Hub
- Windows 10 (Home, S, Pro, Education, and Enterprise versions)
- Windows 10 Enterprise 2019 LTSC
- Windows 10 IoT Enterprise (x86, x64)
- Windows Holographic for Business
- Windows 10 Teams (Surface Hub)
- Windows 10 1709 (RS3) and later, Windows 8.1 RT, PCs running Windows 8.1 (Sustaining mode)
Privacy Statement. Your use of and access to STF Websites and Content is subject to the STF Privacy Statement (as may be amended from time to time) and the STF Privacy Statement is hereby incorporated into and forms a part of this Agreement. To review the STF Privacy Statement please click here. Your continued use of and access to the STF Websites or any Content constitutes your acknowledgement that you have read and agreed to the terms and conditions of the STF Privacy Statement.
STF Communications. The STF Services may include certain communications from the STF to you, such as service or program announcements and administrative messages, that are necessary for the full functioning of the STF Services, and, as such, you agree that you cannot opt out of receiving such communications. As a condition of your receipt of an STF Service, you agree to:
- When requested by STF, provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself necessary for the purposes of the proper and efficient functioning, or your receipt of, such STF Service.
- Maintain and promptly update your personal information to keep it true, accurate, current and complete.
Consent. You understand that by your use of an STF Service you consent to the collection, use and disclosure of personal information by the STF pursuant to the Privacy Statement. You further expressly consent to the STF accessing, preserving, and disclosing your account information and Third-Party Content subject to the terms of this Agreement and if and whenever required by law or in the good faith belief that such access, preservation or disclosure is reasonably necessary to:
- Comply with legal process.
- Enforce this Agreement.
- Respond to claims that any Third-Party Content violates the rights of another.
- Respond to your requests for STF Services.
- Protect the rights, property, or personal safety of the STF, its members and the public.
Third-Party Claims. If anyone brings a claim against STF, or any of its directors, officers, employees or agents, related in any way to your actions or your Third-Party Content or otherwise with respect to your use (which includes use by any other person of your accounts, whether or not authorized) of this Website or its Content (which includes STF Services), you will indemnify the STF and hold the STF harmless from and against any and all damages, losses, cost, penalties, interest and expenses of every nature and kind whatsoever (including legal fees and disbursements as invoiced to the STF) suffered or incurred by the STF, or any of its directors, officers, employees and agents, in respect thereof.
Breach. You will indemnify the STF and hold the STF harmless from and against any and all damages, losses, cost, penalties, interest and expenses of every nature and kind whatsoever (including legal fees and disbursements as invoiced to the STF) suffered or incurred by the STF, or any of its directors, officers, employees and agents, in respect any breach of this Agreement by you or by any other person using your accounts, whether authorized or unauthorized.
12. General Terms and Conditions
Assignment. This Agreement, and your rights and obligations under this Agreement, are personal to you and may not be transferred or assigned by you without the prior written consent of the STF, which consent may be arbitrarily withheld, delayed or conditioned by the STF in its sole and absolute discretion. The STF may at any time assign this Agreement, including any of its rights and obligations hereunder, without your prior consent.
Governing Law and Attornment. This Agreement shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of the Province of Saskatchewan, Canada, without regard to conflict of law rules. You covenant and agree with the STF that any dispute must be resolved before the Court of Queen’s Bench for Saskatchewan, in the Judicial Centre of Saskatoon. You hereby irrevocably attorn to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of the Province of Saskatchewan. You hereby expressly waive trial by jury in any action, proceeding or counterclaim on any matters whatsoever arising out of or in any way connected with this Agreement.
Amendments. The STF may, in its sole and absolute discretion, amend this Agreement from time to time, for any reason, without prior notice or liability to you or to any other person; provided, however, that the STF will ensure that any such amendment will be made available to you on the STF Websites or by email to your t.mail account. Your accessing or use of this or any STF Website or any Content after such amendments are posted or emailed to you by the STF signifies your full acceptance of those revised terms of this Agreement. You are responsible for periodically visiting this web page to review the terms and conditions of this Agreement. You may not change, modify or amend this Agreement in any manner at any time.
Waiver. No consent of or waiver by the STF will be effective unless in writing and signed by an authorized representative of the STF.
Severance. If any provision of this Agreement is invalid, illegal, or incapable of being enforced by reason of any rule of law or public policy, then such provision shall be severed from this Agreement and shall not affect any other provision of this Agreement, and this Agreement shall be construed as if such invalid, illegal, or unenforceable provision had never been contained in this Agreement. All other provisions of this Agreement shall, nevertheless, remain in full force and effect and no provision shall be deemed dependent upon any other provision unless so expressed herein.
Entire Agreement. The provisions herein contained and incorporated by reference constitute the entire agreement between you and the STF, and supersede all previous communications, representations, and agreements, whether oral, written or electronic, between you and the STF, with respect to the subject matter hereof; there being no representation, warranties, terms, conditions, undertakings, or collateral agreements (express, implied, or statutory) between the parties other than as expressly set forth in this Agreement; PROVIDED THAT in the event of any inconsistency between this Agreement and any agreement governing the provision by the STF of any particular program or service to you, the latter shall prevail; PROVIDED THAT the absence from any other agreement of a term included in this Agreement shall not be deemed an inconsistency.
Enurement. The terms and provisions of this Agreement enure to the benefit of, and are binding upon, you and your heirs, executors, administrators, personal representatives, successors and permitted assigns, and upon the STF and its successors and assigns.
Consequences of Breach. If you breach any provision of this Agreement, you may no longer use this or any other STF Website or any Content (which includes STF Services).
Termination. The STF may, in its sole and absolute discretion for any reason, cancel or terminate your right to use this or any other STF Website or any Content at any time without notice, whereupon you are no longer authorized to use that Website or Websites and associated Content. In the event of any termination of this Agreement or your right to use an STF Website and Content, this Agreement will nevertheless continue to apply and be binding upon you in respect of your prior use of the STF Website and Content and the STF may continue to use and disclose your personal information in accordance with the STF Privacy Statement, as amended from time to time. All provisions of this Agreement that by their nature are intended to continue after the termination of this Agreement shall survive and continue after such termination.
Extra-Jurisdictional Use. Use of the STF Websites and the Content (which includes STF Services) is not authorized in any jurisdiction that does not give full effect to all of the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
Version. This Agreement was last amended on 24 August 2010.