Using image cards supports metaphoric or abstract thinking about a concept or topic.
- Create cards that have images or photos on them.
- Craft a question or prompt that aligns with an outcome and that will stimulate connection- and meaning-making.
- Invite learners to spread the image cards out on a table or surface.
- Post the question/prompt and have learners choose an image or photo that represents their thinking.
- Invite learners to share their thinking about the image/photo they chose with a partner, small group or the large group.
Image card sets (Use a site like Unsplash where you can find photos that can be shared freely. Just ensure that you credit the photographer.)