Optional Life Insurance
Portaplan – Term Life, Accident and Dependant Insurance
Portaplan is a nonprofit, group life insurance plan established by the Federation for Saskatchewan teachers and their families. This Plan offers term life, dependant life and accident insurance coverage in addition to the coverage provided by the mandatory Teachers’ Group Life Insurance Plan.
Participation in Portaplan is optional and all premiums are paid by the policyholder. Coverage can continue if your contract ends, you change careers or move to another country.
Portaplan is administered by the Saskatchewan Teachers’ Federation. Manulife Financial underwrites Portaplan and pays all benefits.
Get a Quote in Minutes!
To obtain a quote, tell us a bit about yourself and enter the amount of coverage you want.
- This quote is based on premium rates effective July 1, 2021 for new members. Rates are subject to change at any time.
- Portaplan insurance is available for a one-year term. Coverage can be renewed every July 1 for an additional term, based on the rates and conditions in effect on the policy renewal date. Evidence of good health is not required when renewing existing coverage.
- Eligible Plan participants must be under age 65 and a resident of Canada to purchase insurance.
- Policyholders may purchase Dependant Insurance and/or Accident Insurance. Premiums for this insurance are not included in the above quote.
- If you already have Portaplan insurance and wish to increase coverage, contact Portaplan for a cost estimate.
NOTE: In the event of a discrepancy between the Portaplan benefits outlined on this site and those in the master policy with Manulife Financial (G-21087-600), benefits will be determined by the provisions set out in the master policy.