Making a Claim
Claims can be submitted online, through your provider or by paper claim. You will need your GSC ID number, which can be found on your GreenShield benefit card in GSC everywhere. Each eligible member of your family has their own individual ID number for claiming purposes. They’re all displayed on your GreenShield benefit card.
Keep your records in MySTF up to date to ensure your claim is processed without delays. To ensure your claim is processed without delay, log in to MySTF and make sure your records are up to date. This includes adding or removing your spouse and/or dependant children and uploading student verification.
Three Ways to Make a Claim
- Provider-submitted claims: Many health service providers will electronically submit claims on your behalf. Present your digital GreenShield ID card to your provider and ask them to submit your claims directly to GreenShield. All of the information they require for direct billing is on the card.
- Do-it-yourself online claims: Through this service, you pay for the medical product or service then submit your claim online through GSC everywhere. If you sign up for direct deposit, your claim payment is deposited into your bank account approximately two business days from the date your payment is processed. Please note that online claim submission is not available after your contract termination date so you will need to submit a paper claim for expenses incurred while on contract.
- Paper claims: For claims that are not submitted electronically, simply pay for your item or service and mail the paid receipt and claim form for reimbursement to GreenShield at the address indicated on the claim form. All GreenShield claim forms are available online through GSC everywhere. Be sure to include your unique GSC ID number (found on your digital ID card) and current mailing address on all claims you submit.
You have 15 months from the date an expense is incurred to submit your claim, with the exception of out-of-country claims for which deadlines vary by province of residence.
Registering for Direct Deposit
You can register for direct deposit by logging in to your GSC everywhere account and entering your banking information. By doing so, all your claim reimbursements will be deposited directly into your bank account. If you don’t register for direct deposit, you will receive claim payments by cheque.
Your Claims and Benefit Information
GreenShield provides access to your claim and benefit information on GSC everywhere. Once registered for your GSC everywhere account you will be able to:
- View your claim history, including a breakdown of how your claims were processed;
- Check your eligibility and coverage for health services or items instantly to find out what portion of a claim will be covered;
- Search for a prescription drug to see if it’s covered and for how much; and
- Print a personal Explanation of Benefit statement for coordinating benefits.
GreenShield Claim Audits
If you submit a claim online, remember to keep all original claim receipts and supporting documentation for at least 13 months in case your claim is audited by GreenShield. If you submit a paper claim, retain a copy of your claim form as well.
Problems With Your GreenShield Benefit Card
If you are having problems with your benefit card, you should:
- Ensure your personal information and that of your spouse and/or dependant(s) is accurate and up to date.
- Log in to MySTF to view your address under Profile Management and your spouse and dependant information under Manage Family Coverage.
- Contact GSC Customer Support Center.
2317 Arlington Avenue
Saskatoon SK S7J 2H8
8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.